Forum Tips and Tricks Jun 15, 2015 17:19:55 GMT
Post by Tpgettys on Jun 15, 2015 17:19:55 GMT
- After selecting a board you will see a list of the threads. If you click on the number in the Replies column you get a display of all the users that have participated in the thread and the number of replies they have made.
- When you log on the very first time, you are not allowed to use uppercase letters in your username. If you want to use capital letters, click Profile on the main menu bar, then Edit Profile, then click on the Personal tab. There you can change your display name, signature, etc.
- If you wish to receive an email when a personal message is sent to you, or when a thread you have participated in is updated, go to Profile, Edit Profile, then click on the Notifications tab and change the appropriate setting. Note that while personal message notifications are instant, update notifications for messages in threads are only sent daily.
- There is a button labeled Participated at the top-right of the page. If you click it you will be shown a list of threads that you have participated in. If it has the new icon, there are new posts in one or more of those threads.
- In your profile, under the Notifications tab, you will see a column titled Forum consisting of check boxes. For each type of event that is checked, when one of those types of events are triggered, you'll receive a bubble notification over Profile on the main navigation menu. Click the bubble to see the events.
- On the main navigation menu is a button labelled Messages; click it to see your personal messages (PMs). If you have an unread message it will have a bubble over it to alert you.
- See that white arrow inside the translucent gray box pointing up or down on the right side of your screen? It's always there when you're reading posts. Use it to quickly go to the top or bottom of the page.
- When viewing a list of threads in a board, the last column is titled Last Post; if you click in the whitespace (not the username) there, it will take you to the most recent post.
- If you select some text in a post, a button shows up labeled Quick Quote; if you click it, the selected text shows up in the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the page inside a quote box.
- If you Like a post or image, the Like button will change color, making it easy to see on subsequent viewings if you were one of the likers.